Friday, March 9, 2012

Reflections of 32 years

32 years ago I was cut out C section style at Elizabeth General in New Jersey. Somehow I ended up in Southern California not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I have seen some amazing things, the Berlin wall fall, a black man become president, a deer carcass exploding on I-78 as BMW Z3 drove over it and the rise of the internet. Its crazy times we live in, I remember when Hip Hop was called a fad, Voltron lions was made out of lead paint (and was recalled), and graffiti artists went from public scourge (and private hero's) to legit artists (and pretentious tools).

Here are some things that I have experienced and learned in my 32 years of being on this planet. This isn't an official list or anything, just stuff I can remember of the top of my head.

Some of My Favorite Shows of All Time (in no particular order without dates)

Tool @ Hammerstein Ballroom (part of a secret 4 show tour pre Lateralus)

Dead Weather @ the Mayan

Daft Punk @ Coachella

Sonic Youth @ the Greek Theater for the Daydream Nation Tour (they did all of Daydream Nation cover to cover, then came back on and did 9 songs off of rather ripped, over 3 hours plus i talked to King B of the Melvin and Spick Jones)

Grinderman @ the Music Box (Henry Fonda)

NIN @ MSG for the Fragile Tour

M.I.A. @ the Echoplex

Pearl Jam & Ben Harper @ Randell's Island No Code Tour (first show with a friend who would become a brother)

Gorrillaz @ Electric Factory (Philadelphia, PA)

NIN & BORIS @ Schottenstein Center Columbus OH

Mars Volta @ Santa Barbara Bowl 2005 (post Frances the Mute Tour)

White Stripes @ Radio City Music Hall

Flight of the Conchords @ Santa Barbara Bowl

Boris @ the Casbah in San Diego

Autolux @ the LA Museum of Natural History

Yeah Yeah Yeahs @ the Mayan

Rage Against the Machine & Wu tang Clan @ Continental Airlines Arena 1997 (Zack broke his ankle midway thru the set, taped it up and finished the show and Atari Teenage Riot got boo'd off stage)

Foo Fighters @ Velvet Jones in Santa Barbara

Favorite Video Games Music/Soundtrack

Legend of Zelda (1st, Super Nintendo)
Streets of Rage
Guilty Gear (1 and 2)
PixelJunk Shooter 1&2
Sword and Sorcery
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Final Fantasy III

Worst Video Game Music/Soundtracks

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super Puzzle Fighter

Things That I Have Learned to be Absolute

Protect Ya Neck
Pistachio Ice Cream is the Best
She is ALWAYS right
Best pizza is located in the tri-state area
There is only 1 trilogy and that's Star Wars
Halloween is the best Holiday that isn't a federal holiday
My mom is my favorite chef
Tyler Stout is an amazing poster artist
Wu Tang Clan still and always will be Nothing to Fuck With

I can go on listing things for days, but that would be kinda narcissistic, well more narcissistic than this post already is so I'll stop. Big ups for reading, posting and supporting through out the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment